- Multisystemic Therapy Brings Family Back Together This mother had lost all hope, but then she met her MST therapist, Lauren Skeels (MST Therapist at the Northamptonshire South team) When I...
- MST-UK film now available to view! Please click here to view the short film about MST in the UK
- NICE Guidance on Child Abuse and Neglect - consultation open You can now review and comment on this draft guideline - for more information, please visit the NICE website. The consultation closes on 19...
National Implementation Service
The National Implementation Service is a centre of excellence, committed to using best evidence to transform the lives of looked after children, children on the edge of care or custody, adopted children, and their families.
The NIS provides training and support for evidence based and research informed programmes for children’s social care, youth offending services and children’s mental health teams to radically improve the ways they support vulnerable children and their families
We seek to innovate new responsive approaches and to influence the wider policy environment with the aim of placing the use of best evidence at the heart of developing, commissioning and implementing interventions in children’s services.
National Implementation Service Provision
For Multisystemic Therapy, KEEP, RESuLT, AdOpt, TFCO, and TEND - the NIS provides:
- Training in the programme models
- Organisational support for implementation
- Regular consultation and support to the local teams
- Sustainability planning, monitoring and evaluation
- Tailored support that leads to sites receiving their programme license (MST) or accreditation (KEEP, AdOpt, RESuLT, TFCO).
- Support for local and national data collection and evaluation and audit to demonstrate longer term outcomes
- Monitoring and guidance for model adherence for the interventions
The NIS became the UK Network Partner of MST Services in 2012 and is now licensed to provide site setup, training and consultation to MST teams across the UK and training in Europe.
In 2008 the NIS became the UK Network Partner with the programme developers at the Oregon Social Learning Centre (OSLC) for TFCO . This enables the NIS to offer the full range of TFCO consultation services to organisations in the UK. The Implementation Partnership for the KEEP programme is currently being developed.
The Implementation partnership for the KEEP programme is currently being developed.
The National Implementation Service (NIS) is delivered by the South London & Maudsley NHS Foundation Trust (SLaM) and Central Manchester University Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust (CMFT) in collaboration with the Institute of Psychiatry, Kings College London.